By messaging people in your network about specific opportunities at your company, you are helping your company stand out from the crowd and taking an important step toward ensuring you continue to work with the best talent. As you are busy, Teamable tries to make it as fast as possible while still ensuring that you get the best response and conversion rates possible. Below are the steps to making referrals and how and why it works.
1. Find the best suggestions for open jobs in your network and hit the 'Refer' button to craft a message to them.
2. Customize the email message with a line or two. Depending on your settings, the default may be an intro to your recruiter. That plus a custom one-liner should be enough for optimal response and interest rates. Should take you less than 10 minutes to do 10 of them. Don't overthink it - the fact that it's coming from you - someone they know, makes a big difference. (10x)
3. Once you hit send and the recruiter double-checks that person isn't already in process and approves it, an email message will be sent to your contact. No one ever got mad for you thinking of them for a position and your company (if you know them, even very loosely). It's flattering.
Figure one: example email message.
Now that you know how to make referrals in Teamable and send an intro email, make some referrals.
- Click on 'See More' next to your suggestions.
- Click on 'Your Network' to go through your entire network with search terms such as engineer.
- Mark Top Talent by clicking on the star for any top talent you've worked with in the past.
The average person has 5-50 great people in their network that would help make great hires at their company and some have a multiplier more. While we don't expect you to send messages to all of them, even just a few can help.