Now you can create and save customized outreach templates for each type of communication in Teamable.
To edit your templates, click on the Templates tab.
Here you'll see all of your customized templates under 'My Templates', or click on the 'Company-Wide Templates' tab to view the companywide templates.
A quick note on roles and permissions:
- Super Admin: One person at the company. Only the super admin at your company can edit the company-wide templates since they are viewable and usable by everyone in your Teamable account.
- Hiring Leaders: Refers to anyone with the ability to use the hiring side of the product. This can include anyone from your HR department, anyone on your sourcing or recruiting team, as well as anyone who is a hiring manager trying to fill a specific role with referral candidates.
- Employees: Refers to every other user of Teamable. These users currently do not see the Templates tab.
By default, there are pre-populated company-wide templates for each of the following communications:
- Direct Message To Candidate
- The message the hiring leader sends to a candidate.
- Direct Message To Candidate No URL
- The message the hiring leader sends to a candidate. This message does not contains a link to a job posting from your job board.
- Follow Up To Candidate
- A follow up message the hiring leader sends to a candidate that has been referred by an employee.
- Invite Employee
- An invitation from hiring leader to join a company's instance of Teamable.
- Invite Hiring Leader
- An invitation from hiring leader to join a company's instance of Teamable as a hiring leader.
- Referral List Employee
- A request to a fellow employee from a hiring leader to review potential candidates in their extended network.
- Referral List Recruiter
- A direct message to a referral made by an employee.
- Referral List Recruiter No Cc
- A direct message to a referral made by an employee. This message does not have the hiring leader cc’d on the message.
- Referral List Recruiter No Cc No Url
- A direct message to a referral made by an employee. This message does not have the hiring leader cc’d on the message or contain a link to a job posting from your job board.
- Referral List Recruiter No Url
- A direct message to a referral made by an employee. This message does not contains a link to a job posting from your job board.
Every Hiring Leader can save up to three customized versions of each of the templates under 'My Templates'. For example, you could have different outreach templates for different job families like technical roles, sales roles, and operation roles, if you don't do specialized recruiting. Alternately, you could create templates for different locations (even language-specific ones) or different business units.
To add a new template:
- Click 'New Template.'
- Choose the template type from the dropdown menu.
- Give your template a title.
- Click the default checkbox if you wish to make this the default template for that communication type.
- Write an engaging subject line.
- Write the body of your message.
- Use Quick Snippets for dynamic content.
Quick Snippets can be used to dynamically insert any of the following information (depending on the template type):
- Recruiter First Name
- Recruiter Last Name
- Employee First Name
- Employee Last Name
- Employee Title
- Employee Email
- List Title (aka Job Lists title)
- List URL (aka Job Lists url)
There are two ways to use Quick Snippets.
- From the grey quick snippets box, you can add a quick snippet to the subject line by clicking on the icon with the green line on top. You can add a quick snippet to the body, by clicking on the icon with the green in the body.
The formatting bar and options will be familiar and intuitive for most. The back arrow will undo your changes, the forward arrow will redo your edits. In addition to bold and italics, formatting allows you to arrange the text in your template using different font weights, effects, typesets or blocks, and alignments. These can be useful, for example, when you offset some key metrics about the company in order pique a prospect's interest.
You can also add hyperlinks to any text. For example, you could include links to not only the jobs page, but also the company's GlassDoor page, LinkedIn or Facebook page, or just a fun YouTube video, to test engagement. (Teamable will let you know how many people have clicked on a link.)
Remember to click the save button and you're all set!
Now, the next time you're working in Teamable, you'll see the default template you've chosen. You'll also have the opportunity to choose one of your alternate template messages by clicking on the down arrow from the template title.
Questions? We're here for you. Email Customer Success.